What has long been awaited as the sequel to one of the most successful games in First Person Shooters (FPS), Modern Warfare 2 disappoints PC fans. The game is still very solid that it has a good single player campaign (albeit short–6 hours worth). It retains decent graphics, low system requirements, and great gameplay. However, thats really about it.
There already has been thousands of angry fans. Majority of Amazon buyers gave it a poor rating, there is an ongoing boycott petition, and the Internet and forums has been really buzzing with anger. Why? Here is a summary:
1. No dedicated server support. No mods.
2. Maximum of 9v9 multiplayer.
3. Short single-player campaign.
4. Steam registration and account activation required. (even for single player play)
5. Hacks available already within 24 hours of its release. (cannot be verified yet but likely genuine hack)
6. No game admins, no ability to choose servers, no ability to kick/ban hackers.
I was really looking forward to this game. As it stands, I might have to hold off from buying it. Check this interview for the full transcript of the news: PC Modern Warefare 2: it’s much worse than you thought
Anyway, here is a good video of this awesome game. I hope the game publisher changes their mind and listen to the gamers.