DC Universe Online. I just came across this very interesting and very promising MMO (massive multiplayer online) game that is coming out on November 2, 2010. DC Universe Online does just what the name implies. It puts you in the DC Universe. You get to play alongside famous DC superheroes like Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, and more.
- Experience the power of visceral combat where you control every blow your character strikes, delivering a level of action that is unparalleled in the MMO segment.
- Choose your side — superhero or villain — as you battle to save or conquer the universe.
- Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…The next legend is YOU!
- Experience the intensity of a world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee.
- Take advantage of the state-of-the-art physics engine and use objects in the world around you as weapons, including even your enemies!
- Players will create their own custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers.
- Embark on heroic or villainous story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
- Gameplay is optimized for both the PS3 computer entertainment system and PC.
- Explore the DC Universe; walk the darkened streets of Gotham City, investigate the mysteries of the futuristic cityscape of Metropolis and travel to legendary locations including Arkham Asylum and the Justice League of America Watchtower.
And now, take a look at the official trailer for the game:
The game will be available on both PS3 and on PC. Players however will only be able to play with people on the same platform. Sad, that makes it 2 universes instead of 1.
Retail Price is expected to be at $59.99 for PS3 and $49.99 for PC. There will also be a subscription fee of $14.99 monthly. This sucks. Potentially a great game but also massively expensive. I’ll be sitting this one out.