First off, it must be said that Tonkotsu King is located in Singapore. It is owned and operated by Japan’s 2011 Ramen Champion, Keisuke Takeda. There are five outlets in Singapore and for this review, we visited the one in Rochor Rd, Bugis.
- Spring: Basil and Cheese Ramen
- Summer: Spicy Minced Pork Ramen
- Winter: Pork Broth Ramen
- Autumn: Minced Pork with Bonito Flakes and Fried Mushrooms Ramen
They also have the standard best-seller, Tonkotsu King Ramen which is Stir-fried Pork with Ginger on top.
Tonkotsu = Pork Bone Broth
Tonkatsu = Fried Pork Cutlet
The ordering is simple also as each person is given an order sheet where you tick-off the options in your order.
Service is fairly quick. The food is prepared after ordering and we must say it looked appetizing when the ramen arrived. It’s served with roasted sesame that you grind and mix into the soup as it brings out the flavor.
Both the noodle and meat (I ordered Tonkotsu King Authentic Japan) are great. I enjoyed my meal and while Nagi (in SM Aura is good), I think Tonkotsu King is better. Surely a must-visit for ramen lovers while in Singapore.
- Ramen Keisuke: 3rd floor at Parco Millenia. Far left end just next to Botan Japanese Restaurant.
- Tonkotsu King at Orchid Hotel
- Tori King at Amara Hotel
- Tonkotsu King – Four Seasons at Bugis Village
- Gyoza KING – Tangjong Pager Orchid Hotel